Extended functionalities on JS Charts

Posted by user752671 
Extended functionalities on JS Charts
May 23, 2011 02:10PM
Hi,

I am looking for some of the extended functionalities on JS Charts like below:

1) Able to navigate to the specific record when we click on a pie chart(a specific portion of pie chart).
2) Hover functionality without Tooltip option.
3) Setting own font styles.
4) Hiding the values on pie charts( right now i am using myChart.setPieValuesFontSize(0) ).

And we may have more and more requirements coming. So will be waiting for these future implementation.

Cheers

Bramha
Re: Extended functionalities on JS Charts
June 08, 2011 02:22PM
Hi,

Just saw the new version JS Charts... and found this option clickable bar/pie area . I was searching through the online editor and couldn't find any option to perform this. Could any one help me out on this.

Thanks in advance

Bramha
June 08, 2011 02:46PM
We did not include the callback functionalities into the editor because you would also have to define the entire callback function which would complicate the editor too much.

Sabin

--------------------
JS Charts - Created by Smartketer LLC
June 08, 2011 02:48PM
Ok... Is there any sample code i could get to use the callback functionality? That would be really helpful.

Bramha
June 08, 2011 07:56PM
function callback() {
alert('user click');
}

var myChart = new JSChart('example', 'pie');
myChart.setDataArray([['Sector 1', 2],['Sector 2', 1],['Sector 3', 3],['Sector 4', 6]]);
myChart.setArea('Sector 3', callback); // works the same in pie and bar charts
myChart.draw();

Sabin

--------------------
JS Charts - Created by Smartketer LLC
October 10, 2011 10:29AM
How can I send parameters to callback function? How can I know, on which bar has user clicked?
I want to show to user the value he has clicked or forward to url, specified for current bar.
October 17, 2011 12:38PM
It would also be nice to define animations on hover for pie segments. E.g.: Increase/highlight pie section on hover.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.