open source

Posted by rsw1320 
open source
June 25, 2009 07:00PM
Have you considered open sourcing an un-minified version of the js charts package? I bring this up because sabin mentions in many posts that there is no release schedule for the many enhancements that users are requesting. I believe if there were an open sourced version of the package, many developers (such as myself) would happily work on these enhancements and post them back to jumpeye for the benefit of all users.
Re: open source
June 26, 2009 07:36AM
Nope, no open-source. Funny you ask though smiling smiley Right now we are working for the next release which will be available soon. The only new features will be multiple data series for line charts and IE8 support, but they are the most demanded feature.
Things are going somewhat slowly because we have to set some priorities and we still concentrate on projects like bannersnack.com or photosnack.com and some others.

Sabin

--------------------
JS Charts - Created by Smartketer LLC

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 07:42AM by sabinmunteanu.
July 06, 2009 07:56PM
Hi Sabin,

We'd really like to use JSCharts, but need multi-line support. Can you give a guesstimate for when that will be done? Obviously no commitment, just a ballpark that will help in our planning?

Thanks
July 07, 2009 02:01PM
Just released it today smiling smiley

Sabin

--------------------
JS Charts - Created by Smartketer LLC
October 14, 2009 01:46AM
In dojo, there'are the complete js charts(http://archive.dojotoolkit.org/nightly/) in "dojo-2009-10-13\dojotoolkit\dojox\charting\", and dojo is complete open source!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.