How to mke the tooltip in line chart clickable

Posted by safarclick 
How to mke the tooltip in line chart clickable
August 17, 2009 12:20PM
Hi all,
Can we make the tooltip clickable?
Re: How to mke the tooltip in line chart clickable
August 17, 2009 02:09PM
Although you could put anchors or any HTML in the tooltip, you can't click them because the tooltip disappears when the mouse is leaving the tooltip trigger (the circle). The tooltips are used for extra descriptions only.

Sabin

--------------------
JS Charts - Created by Smartketer LLC
August 17, 2009 03:30PM
Thanks sabinmunteanu for your reply. I got your point regarding tooltips.
However, I want the user to click on the datapoint on the chart so that he/she can be routed to another HTML page (or information can be sent through javascript). I don't need the user to click on the text in the tooltip to be routed.
Thank you
November 13, 2009 09:26AM
Did You solve your issue ?
January 22, 2010 04:55PM
I just started using JS Charts today, mapping the sample points to a html link was a big issue for us, the best solution I came up with was to modify the trigger div associated with the tooltip, rather than the tooltip itself. If you use firefox firebug, you should be able to home in on these trigger divs. Their id value is a function of the x,y coordinate of the sample. You can associate a link with the trigger div by adding an additional "onclick" attribute to it, like so : <div onclick="location.href='http://www.example.com';" style="cursor:pointer;"></div>. It's easy enough to do this programmatically, just target the trigger divs using a function like so : document.getElementById("trigger_15_10"winking smiley.onclick = "your link here", there may be more to it than that however, I haven't tested this code yet. just modified the divs manually using firebug (and that worked ok)
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.