Line Chart - Tooltip Problem

Posted by United544 
Line Chart - Tooltip Problem
November 03, 2009 12:48AM
Hi,

We purchased a licensed copy of JSCharts a few days ago and are having issues with the line chart tooltips. The problem occurs in IE when the chart is embedded in a table, with the table height property set. For example, in the following code, the tooltips do not appear:

<table height="100%">
<tr><td><div id="chartcontainer">test</div></td><tr>
</table>

And then obviously, there's the javascript code to generate the graph. The graph appears fine, but the tooltips do not appear when hovering over the circles. If I remove the height attribute OR if I add a height attribute to the div tag, the tooltips work appropriately.

The problem is, my test case is simple. In our actual application, we have a fairly complex table structure, with embedded tables, differing height attributes, etc. and without the source code I am unable to determine what the javascript code is doing and so I don't know how to fix the problem; but there seems to be an issue with how JSCharts is calculating the pointer offsets.

Thanks for your help and support.
Chris Adams
Email Data Source
Re: Line Chart - Tooltip Problem
November 03, 2009 12:58AM
I was able to solve this issue by making the position on the div tag absolute instead of relative
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.