Internationalization and format numbers?

Posted by JMPrado 
Internationalization and format numbers?
February 09, 2009 09:12PM
Is there any plans to support international charsets or html char entities?

The portuguese has a lot of these on text and people names and it's not displaying correctly.

Another issue is formating numbers as currency, for us here in Brazil the thousand separator is point and decimal separator is comma.

Besides that is a lovely script.

Thanks

John

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2009 02:22AM by JMPrado.
Re: Internationalization and format numbers?
February 10, 2009 07:33AM
Unfortunately we have not yet been able to do this. Now we are using SVG for rendering text and we have a limited character set for now. We might switch to plain text instead of SVG but it will need a lot of changes and will take time. We are not sure if we should do this for the next release.

Sabin

--------------------
JS Charts - Created by Smartketer LLC
February 10, 2009 07:42AM
Officially we are using the same formatting in Romania, but we are also used to the usual English format. I am not sure how important is this type of format.
It cannot be done for now, but I added this to the features proposed for the next versions.

Sabin

--------------------
February 17, 2009 01:23PM
I was propably wrong, I had another look through the code and perhaps we have what you need. I have made a complete list of the supported characters in JsCharts:

!"#$%&\()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~'¡¢£¤¥¦§¨©ª«¬­®¯°±²³´µ¶·¸¹º»¼½¾¿ÀÁÂÃÄÅÆÇÈÉÊËÌÍÎÏÐÑÒÓÔÕÖ×ØÙÚÛÜÝÞßàáâãäåæçèéêëìíîïðñòóôõö÷øùúûüýþÿ

Sabin

--------------------
May 31, 2010 09:44PM
Hi

I'm testing out JSChart, but have problems showing danish characters like æ, ø and å (Æ,Ø and Å) - these seems to be supported when I look at the sourcecode, but I can't get them to show up in the graph.
Are there any requirements for the source files to be saved as ANSI or UTF-8 or other?
June 01, 2010 05:18AM
Indeed, at least the utf-8 charset should be set in the HTML meta tags, if still not working try to also save your source file in utf-8.

Sabin

--------------------
June 01, 2010 07:20AM
Thanks for the answer! I think I have tried all that, but I will have to try again!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.