Tooltips and xml array

Posted by bezier100 
Tooltips and xml array
April 06, 2009 02:12PM
I wanted to replace the x axis labels with tooltips as they are dates and take up too much room. However I just cannot understand how to get tooltips working for variable arrays of data. At the moment I create the data for the graph using a php script as recommended and pass the data using myChart.setDataXML - so any tips as to where to go from here so that I can have a date and a y-value in the tooltip? Thanks in advance
Re: Tooltips and xml array
April 07, 2009 10:22AM
OK, nice application, but I think 3 days is long enough to wait for some sort of reply, so I think I will remove it and move on. Obviously not enough people to provide a community. (Apart from the developers that is)
May 07, 2009 06:31AM
hey bezier100,
i managed to get what your'e trying to do working. use an integer id for each graph point. use that same integer for setTooltip values and setLabelX values. I uused a short date format (01.04) for the setLabelX and a longer value (Wed, 01 Apr 09) for the setTooltip value e.g.

<data unit="1" value="123"/>

<option set="setTooltip" value="[1, 'Wed, 01 Apr 09 - 123 users']" />
<option set="setLabelX" value="[1, '01.04']" />

what i also did was only show every second setLabelX value, to give some more room on the x axis

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2009 06:32AM by heyadamhey.
May 07, 2009 06:36AM
also - don't forget to use
setShowXValues(false);

to hide the integers used in the <data> elements
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.